Company: Dees Day Nursery
Job Title: Nursery Nurse / Room Leader
Reports to: Deputy Manager and Nursery Manager
Job description: Nursery Nurse / Room Leader
Purpose of Job
- The qualified Nursery Nurse / Room Leader will be expected to provide high quality, flexible childcare for families from the local communities and further afield.
- This is an ideal role for someone who is able to work independently and has a real ability to instill confidence to all children and parents/carers at the nursery as well as working as part of a fun and experienced team.
- The Nursery Nurse / Room Leader will be expected to build good working relationships at every level, working in partnership with parents and other staff members.
- The Nursery Nurse / Room Leader must be approachable, friendly and able to communicate effectively at all times.
- At all times the Nursery Nurse / Room Leader will be expected to respect the confidentiality of sensitive family and nursery information.
- The Nursery Nurse / Room Leader must ensure that the safety of children is paramount at all times
- To ensure the children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- You will supervise the children and also be responsible for their physical, emotional, social and intellectual well being
- You will ensure that the planning meets the children’s individual developmental needs and reflects their interests
- You will encourage them to develop socially
- If you are working with very young children, you will be responsible for feeding, washing and changing them, and generally tending to their physical needs
- You must ensure the safety of children is paramount, and be aware of any potential dangers around them
- You will need to plan and participate in activities to engage and teach the child, eg. music, painting, reading etc.
- You will need to liaise with parents and your surrounding team members, monitor progress, keep records and reports, and communicate any suggested improvements that can be made to help the child’s development
- To create a welcoming and family friendly environment;
- Ensuring you help maintain the health and safety guidelines, being reliable, proactive and enthusiastic at all times
- To ensure confidentiality at all times
- To ensure the EYFS is promoted within the setting and the principles adhered to;
- To ensure the policies and procedures of the setting are implemented at all times
- To ensure effective communication between the staff and parents/carers
- To regularly attend and participate in staff meetings
The ideal candidate will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- 2-3 years’ post-qualification experience
- NNEB, CACHE level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- A good understanding and knowledge of the EYFS
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities
- Be responsible, patient, approachable and caring
- Have an interest in child development
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy working with kids
- Be creative
- Work well in a team as well as independently
- Ability to observe, assess and report child’s behaviour
- Have a willingness to continue with training and continuous professional development
- Be able to delegate roles and responsibilities to other staff, to be well organised and ensure role play area is fun and creative at all times.
Dee's Day Nursery (Wimbledon)
Located in a prime location at the heart of Wimbledon, just 400 meters from the railway / tube / tram station, Dees Day private nursery offers Day nursery and preschool for children of age group 3 months to 5 years. Our vision is to support each child’s learning and development so that they excel in their life as a young adult.
Registered Child Care Provider
Dees Day Nursery provides full time and part time private child care. Nursery provide the best child care for children during the child’s pre-school years by strictly following the guidelines and directives of Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education) and Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework.
Leadership and Management
Dees Day Nursery is registered on the Early Years Register (UK) and the Childcare Register and is in operation for last 15 years with impressive OFSTED / EYR reports.
“Children play in a safe, welcoming and engaging environment. Staff tailor the nursery rooms to the ages and stages of development of the children based in them. Staff provide enjoyable and exciting activities for children to choose from. All children make good progress in their learning.” –Ofsted Report